Adjective(1) being effective without wasting time or effort or expense(2) able to accomplish a purpose; functioning effectively
(1) The more information the system has, the more efficient and effective it will be.(2) Chris was known widely as an astute and efficient farmer and a devoted family man.(3) I work with a team of women who are really well organised, effective and efficient teachers.(4) The rapid transit system is clean and efficient and the four legs of the line cover most of the city.(5) In some ways it is a sleek and efficient machine; in others, it is full of flaws.(6) He said the new system allowed a more efficient ordering service at the front desk.(7) It certainly seemed a very efficient system and one which everyone participates in.(8) She is efficient enough, but never really inspirational.(9) "It's very efficient in terms of the time it takes to perform, " said Dr. Stevens.(10) I am most impressed with the efficient and professional manner in which my crew responded.(11) Their gearing becomes more efficient , materials get lighter and stronger and ergonomics improve.(12) Contracts would be awarded to those who offer efficient services at the best price.(13) Corruption makes markets less efficient , more costly, and less innovative.(14) His efficient girlfriend is annoyed when he insists on accompanying her on a research trip to Mexico.(15) The system is efficient and well integrated with overground train, bus and tram routes.(16) I can guarantee that there will be no problems, the crew is very competent and efficient .
(1) more efficient :: plus efficace
(2) cost-efficient :: rentable
(3) very efficient :: très efficace
(4) be efficient :: être efficace
1. organized ::
2. competent ::
3. effective ::
1. ineffective ::
2. ineffectual ::
3. inefficient ::
4. inoperative ::
5. unfruitful ::
coefficient, coefficients, efficient, efficiently
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Yes, while also getting in a solid dig
at you, pretty EFFICIENT, huh?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 1
Of course, I'm already seeing
a more EFFICIENT way of taming the--
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 10
...which increase point-to-point drive time,
making it the less EFFICIENT choice.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 5
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 4
Oh, he's just helping us
develop a better, more EFFICIENT
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 8
English to French Dictionary: efficient
Meaning and definitions of efficient, translation in French
language for efficient with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of efficient in French and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'efficient'
What efficient means in French, efficient meaning
in French, efficient
definition, examples and pronunciation
of efficient in French language.