doux, sucré, suave, agréable, sain, pur, fraibonbon, dessert, chérie, chérigentiment
Noun(1) English phonetician; one of the founders of modern phonetics (1845-1912(2) a dish served as the last course of a meal(3) a food rich in sugar(4) the taste experience when sugar dissolves in the mouth(5) the property of tasting as if it contains sugar
Adjective(1) having or denoting the characteristic taste of sugar(2) having a sweet nature befitting an angel or cherub(3) pleasing to the ear(4) pleasing to the senses(5) pleasing to the mind or feeling(6) having a natural fragrance(7) (used of wines(8) not containing or composed of salt water(9) not soured or preserved(10) with sweetening added
Adverb(1) in an affectionate or loving manner (`sweet' is sometimes a poetic or informal variant of `sweetly'
(1) What had possessed him to leave the beautiful greenness and fresh sweet air of Hilgoth?(2) Suddenly the sweet sound of Christine's voice filled his ears.(3) She is sweet , sincere, genuine, thoughtful, compassionate and he knew she liked him for him, not his money.(4) The fact that these impressions are expressed in the context of a description of sweet music gives the adjective a power of referring to the impression also.(5) My spirit feels reborn, and I breathe in the sweet air of the pardoned prisoner.(6) It's so quiet it doesn't stop you sleeping, and in the morning the air is sweet and clean.(7) For the second year in a row I am assisting with finding a home for a sweet little black cat.(8) This is a temple which tells the story of sweet revenge.(9) He's not intimidating, though, he's an incredibly sweet guy.(10) They make him look so sweet and adorable and well, that's a total misconception if you really know Jake.(11) Other commentators see the success of the film, both at the box office and in terms of awards nominations, as some kind of sweet revenge on the Bush administration and those who voted for it.(12) Nonetheless, the sad piano music was sweet and soothing, adding to an effect of the golden sun rising and the sunlight seeping through my windows.(13) Shutting his eyes slightly, he listened to the to the duo make sweet music.(14) In fact, I'd like to think that, were the incident to recur today, I would politely shove him to the ground, dole out a few sweet phrases, and send him packing.(15) Revenge may sometimes be sweet - but at what cost?(16) Then came the sweet : an enormous confection covered with spun sugar.
(1) sweet potato :: patate douce
(2) very sweet :: très sucré
(3) my sweet :: ma douce
(4) sweet corn :: le maïs sucré
(5) sweet tooth :: dent sucrée
(6) sweet pea :: pois de senteur
(7) sweet things :: belles choses
(8) sweet shop :: confiserie
(9) sweet pepper :: poivron
(10) sweet spot :: sweet spot
1. sugary ::
2. fragrant ::
3. dulcet ::
4. pleasant ::
5. pure ::
6. likable ::
7. cute ::
8. dear ::
9. seraphic ::
10. sweet-smelling ::
12. unfermented ::
13. gratifying ::
14. honeyed ::
15. fresh ::
17. dear ::
18. confection ::
20. sugariness ::
21. afters ::
sweet, sweeten, sweetened, sweetening, sweetens, sweeter, sweetest, sweetish, sweetly, sweetness, sweets
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
That was so SWEET.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 9
This is so SWEET!
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 24
In a voice that was SWEET as a peach...
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 6
It's not your fault, SWEET girl.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 8
you just said about
my SWEET baboo.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 1
English to French Dictionary: sweet
Meaning and definitions of sweet, translation in French language for sweet with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of sweet in French and in English
Tags for the entry "sweet"
What sweet means in French, sweet meaning
in French, sweet definition, examples and pronunciation
of sweet in French language.