nœud, nodule, lien, nœud marin, petit groupe de gensnouer, attacher, se marier, emmêler, s'emmêler
Noun(1) a tight cluster of people or things(2) any of various fastenings formed by looping and tying a rope (or cord(3) a hard cross-grained round piece of wood in a board where a branch emerged(4) (of ships and wind(5) something twisted and tight and swollen(6) soft lump or unevenness in a yarn; either an imperfection or created by design(7) a sandpiper that breeds in the Arctic and winters in the southern hemisphere
Verb(1) make into knots; make knots out of(2) tie or fasten into a knot(3) tangle or complicate
(1) He tightened the knot on his tie and brushed an imagined piece of lint off his uniform jacket.(2) A knot of demonstrators in black wore red bandanas over their faces.(3) A knot of people gathered in Main Street to watch the waters slowly begin to rise again.(4) She pulled on the brush, trying to get a particularly difficult knot out.(5) Chris swallowed the knot in his throat and glanced around the ring of people that now surrounded him.(6) the little knot of people clustered around the doorway(7) A tight knot of anger begins to form in Mike's stomach.(8) I was cutting some boards and hit a knot in the wood, and the saw kicked back and cut my leg.(9) There was a knot of soldiers gathered around a white lump at the foot of a small cliff.(10) It is impossible to knit from a skein without getting the wool in a knot .(11) Daniel ran a hand through his hair and stared at the cedar desk, absently tracing a knot in the wood with his finger.(12) From a seated position, curl one dumbbell up, feeling the muscles in your arm bunch up in a strong, searing knot as you reach the top and pause.(13) tie a knot at the end of the cord(14) Her knife caught on a knot , and she scowled at the branch.(15) She felt a tight knot in her stomach - had she slept through an attack?(16) At eleven o'clock she was knocking on his door, her stomach tied in a knot and her hands shaking slightly.
(1) tie the knot :: attacher le noeud
(2) tie a knot :: nouer un noeud
(3) a knot :: un noeud
(4) tie knot :: noeud de cravate
(5) fast knot :: noeud rapide
1. tie ::
2. nodule ::
3. burl ::
4. greyback ::
5. gnarl ::
6. nautical mile ::
8. ravel ::
knot, knots, knotty
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You think you're fooling anyone
with that top KNOT?
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 1
English to French Dictionary: knot
Meaning and definitions of knot, translation in French language for knot with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of knot in French and in English language.
Tags for the entry "knot"
What knot means in French, knot meaning in French, knot definition, examples and pronunciation of knot in French language.