Noun(1) the main meal of the day served in the evening or at midday(2) a party of people assembled to have dinner together
(1) I have plans to go into central London tomorrow evening for dinner with friends.(2) he cooked dinner(3) I was a bit stuck for what to get for dinner on Monday night.(4) we went for a walk after dinner(5) Or the bathtub wasn't cleaned, dinner not ready by the time he got home.(6) After a formal dinner including haggis the mayor talked about his hopes for the town.(7) He was speaking at a fundraising dinner dance for the Dominican Convent school for girls at Savoy Hotel in Ndola.(8) A delicious dinner was served along the poolside and games were played after that.(9) Kaylee's mother has organised a fund-raising gala dinner at the end of the month for the organ donor campaign.(10) she attended the annual dinner in aid of the hospice(11) they held a formal dinner to celebrate their win(12) She made certain she had the room key and headed for the main building where she could have a late dinner .(13) Your mum would have a nice dinner cooked for you.(14) A candlelit dinner at the beachfront restaurant is sure to provide the perfect end to the day.(15) But Grace looked like a goddess for Judy's engagement dinner on Friday night.(16) On Monday April 2, Amor Restaurant held its 7th anniversary charity dinner , which was a roaring success.
(1) have dinner :: dîner
(2) eat dinner :: manger le dîner
(3) make dinner :: Faire le dîner
(4) dinner party :: dîner
(5) dinner plate :: assiette de diner
(6) have a dinner :: avoir un dîner
(7) dinner jacket :: smoking
(8) at dinner :: au dîner
(9) before dinner :: avant le dîner
(10) farewell dinner :: dîner d'adieu
1. evening meal ::
repas du soir
2. supper ::
3. main meal ::
4. lunch ::
5. midday meal ::
repas de midi
6. feast ::
7. banquet ::
8. dinner party ::
9. spread ::
10. din-din ::
11. repast ::
dinner, dinnered, dinnering, dinners, dinnerware
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
So, what's for DINNER?
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 4
It's kind of weird how grown up he is now.
Happily married, throwing DINNER parties.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 19
This is going to make
for some very interesting
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 5
Okay. He's invited for DINNER
in the bottle city of Kandor.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 11
...where they host a surprisingly gripping
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 10
English to French Dictionary: dinner
Meaning and definitions of dinner, translation in French language for dinner with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of dinner in French and in English
Tags for the entry "dinner"
What dinner means in French, dinner meaning
in French, dinner definition, examples and pronunciation
of dinner in French language.